We had a great weekend with our guest Pastor Adam McCain. Adam is the director of Christ For The Nations and is involved in various ministries. Our Sunday service was encouraging and sobering and our Sunday night service was inspirational. Saturday morning was much needed. On Saturday he talked to 40-50 leaders from our church about the importance of intimacy with God. Adam defined intimacy as, "a close, familiar & affectionate relationship. We have a tendency to become apathetic and forget that we are in relationship with our Father as Christ-followers, not slaves. (see Galatians 4) He gave 10 signs that you have lost intimacy, or relationship, with God.
1. You are easily frustrated. (Galatians 5:22-23)
2. Your vision is clouded. (You can't seem to hear from God)
3. Lack of confidence. (To walk in the authority of Christ we need relationship with him)
5. Shallow relationships.
6. Making carnal choices. (No longer asking the best question ever, which is, "what is the wisest thing to do?")
8. Confused about direction. (Not making clear decisions in personal life)
9. Overwhelming sense of guilt. (condemnation)
10. Fear of being still. (Not wanting to just hangout with Jesus)
I was challenged to go deeper in my relationship with God by spending more time in prayer, bible study and ultimately His presense. Have you lost intimacy with God lately? Why not begin restoring that relationship today! God is waiting!