This past Saturday we had our bi-monthly leadership summit. Below are the notes of what I shared with our team as we head to the next level organizationally & as a church. The first part is a reminder that as much as we want to help people, there are some people that you can't help.
1. You cannot help someone who does not believe that they have a PROBLEM.
Proverbs 26:12 (NIV) “Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.”
2. You cannot help someone who believes that YOU are their problem.
(example- Pharisees & Religious Leaders that crucified Jesus)
3. You cannot help someone who desires a different OUTCOME then God does.
Jonah 1:3 (NIV) “But Jonah ran away from the LORD and headed for Tarshish...”
4. You cannot help someone who refuses a SCRIPTURAL solution to their problem.
Hosea 14:9 (NIV) “Who is wise? He will realize these things. Who is discerning? He will understand them. The ways of the LORD are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them.”
5. You cannot help someone who expects You to make a greater INVESTMENT in them then they are willing to make in themselves.
Joshua 1:8, (NIV) “Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.”
6. You cannot help someone who consistently chooses RELATIONSHIPS that destroy them.
Proverbs 13:20 (NIV) “He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.”
7. You cannot help someone who leads others ASTRAY.
Galatians 5:9 (NIV) "A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough."
So Who can you Help? HUMBLE PEOPLE (see Proverbs (NLT) 9:7-12)