You can listen to this message right now by clicking here
Definition of GRATITUDE: the state of being grateful : thankfulness
“After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. 12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.” Matthew 2:9-12
“Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?" Luke 17:11-18
• I WANT IT NOW!
There was a man who had two sons.12The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' Luke 15:11-12
• I DESERVE EVERYTHING!
…Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. Luke 15:29
IS THERE ANY UNGRATEFULNESS IN YOUR HEART TODAY?
_____ MATERIAL & FINANCIAL
WHAT HAS YOUR RESPONSE TO THE BLESSINGS (GIFTS) THAT HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO YOU?
"The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told." Luke 2:20
• EVERY BLESSING SOMEONE POURS INTO YOUR LIFE, TURN BACK TO GRATITUDE.
• EVERY BLESSING COMES GOD POURS INTO YOUR LIFE, TURN BACK TO PRAISE. (James 1:17)
• EVERY BLESSING YOU DON’T TURN BACK TO PRAISE TURNS INTO PRIDE.
…I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation… 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13
Better what the eye sees than the roving of the appetite. Ecclesiastes 6:9
…the cheerful heart has a continual feast. 16Better a little with the fear of the LORD than great wealth with turmoil. Proverbs 15:15-16
THINK ABOUT IT
• What are you most grateful for? To whom do you need to express gratitude?
• In each of the three areas—material/financial, relational, and circumstantial—what’s feeding your feelings of entitlement? How will you pursue an attitude of gratitude?
• List your blessings out loud. Take some time together to turn those back to God as praise.