The holiday season was awesome & now I'm glad it's over & I'm pumped for 2011! It's time to get back to building holy momentum toward everything that God desires to do in & through our church family! Our theme for this year is, "Sun Stand Still." It comes from a crazy passage in the Old Testament that says, "“So the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies.” Joshua 10:13 This miracle occurred as a result of a daring prayer that was prayed by Joshua, the leader of the Israelites as they were taking the Promised Land. Senior Pastor of Elevation Church, Steven Furtick, picked up on this story & wrote an inspiring book called, "Sun Stand Still." (you can buy it in our bookstore this weekend or click here) This year we are praying big, audacious prayers to a big & powerful God! Many people are hoping for a great 2011. Hope is a desire. It's a powerful emotion. But faith is a demonstration. Hope wants it to happen. Faith causes it to happen and acts as if it’s already done. The Bible teaches what faith is in Hebrews 11:6, it says, “And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.” This year, as a church, we are taking steps of faith & praying big, audacious prayers! we are believing to secure land for a new location for our church! We are believing for 500 people to follow Jesus! We are believing for $75,000 for our missions initiatives & for favor as we reach our community. We are believing to reach our community with the freedom & life that only Jesus has to offer!
Check out the top 10 things happening over the next few months here at Freedom Life & get ready for the Sun to Stand Still! For more information, check out our website at www.freedomlife.tv!
1. 21 Sun Stand Still Fast (Jan. 9-30) Daring to ask God for the impossible!
2. Life Training Weekend kicks off on January 30! Classes include: Fresh Start, Membership, Maturity, Ministry & Mission. Take your next step in growing in the house!
3. First Wednesday & MidWeek Community Night Kick-off! (Feb. 2) Don't miss our monthly all-church celebration & the relaunch of our MidWeek Community Night! There's something for everyone so don't miss it!
4. Bring A Friend Day, Love At Last Sight Challenge & Small Group kick-off begins on February 6th! Get connected!
5. Married Life Conference-(Feb. 11 & 12) Special guests- Jimmie & Sherri Bratcher
6. BridgeCommunity, our Downingtown Church Plant launches! (Final preview service on January 23rd 10AM., Launches weekly on February 20, 2011 at East Ward Elementary School)
7. Christian Men's Network Event at Freedom Life- Men's Conference, "Daring!" March 25-26, 2011. Special guests Paul & Brandon Cole.
8. Live Recording at Freedom Life! Don't miss our first ever live recording with the worship team at Freedom Life! 2 nights of incredible worship starting with our First Wed. on April 6th followed by a rock'in night planned for Friday, April 8.
9. Easter Sunday 2011 will be the biggest day in the history of our church! Stay tuned for promotions for this epic day!
10. Consumed Women's Conference at Freedom Life! (May 13-14) Special guest- Beth Greene (co-Pastor of The Living Room Church in Martinsburg, WV.)
There are many events that we have planned for the first part of 2011, but these events don't even begin to paint the picture for what God will do through our community initiatives, small groups, outreaches & everyday lives! Our church is alive & well & the best is yet to come!This year, we're believing for the Sun to Stand Still! Are you?