My senior year in college was a challenging year. I struggled under the weight of making decisions that would seal my destiny in life. During that time of testing, I made some poor choices that really shook my confidence. I went from being excited about the future to dreading that there was one. When I lost my confidence, it had a very big impact on every area of my life. Fortunately, I made the decision to get back into agreement with God's Word and I allowed that Holy Swagger, Godfidence, to fill my heart again.
Do you need some confidence today? You'll never feel good about yourself as long as you live for yourself & depend on yourself. You need to be willing to die to yourself & live for God! (Galatians 2:20) The Apostle Paul reminds us that we shouldn't have any confidence in our own flesh, but we should have complete confidence in God who is working in us. Godfidence! I still fail from time to time & my confidence can still be shaken by the issues of life. No matter what is going on in my life, I've chosen to have confidence in God & take Him at His Word. Philippians 4:13 reminds us that we can do "all things through Christ who gives us strength."
Here are 7 truths from God's Word that will help you get the Holy Swagger back into your life!
1. God will fulfill His purpose for your life! (Psalm 138:8)
2. God loved and believed in you enough to send His Son, Jesus, to die for you. (John 3:16)
3. God will keep you from falling and present you in His presence with great joy. (Jude 24)
4. He had given you power by His Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8)
5. He has hand-picked you! (John 15:16)
6. While you were lost, He chose you to be made alive with Him. (Ephesians 2:5)
7. He believes in you & has given you a job to finish. (Mark 16:15)