“For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.” Psalm 30:5
Favor- fa·vor- means to give special regard to; to treat with goodwill; to show exceptional kindness to someone. Sometimes, it means to show extra kindness in comparison to the treatment of others; that is, preferential treatment.
6 STEPS TO HELP YOU RECOGNIZE, GROW IN & WALK IN THE FAVOR OF GOD!
1. Understand That You NEED It. Ruth 1:3-5 (NLT)
Key Thought- Answered prayer (Esther 7:3), Protection (Psalm 5:12), Life (Psalm 30:5), Victory over enemies (Psalm 41:11), Mercy (Psalm 119:58)
2. ASK God For It. Ruth 2:2 (NIV)
"... You do not get what you want, because you do not ask God.3 Or when you ask, you do not receive because the reason you ask is wrong. You want things so you can use them for your own pleasures." James 4:2-3
3. Become FAVOR-Minded Ruth 2:3 (NCV)
Key thought- Whatever you recognize you become thankful for, whatever your thankful for will increase in your life.
4. Understand That You Can GROW In Favor (Ruth 2:6-7)
7 Ways You Can Grow In Favor! (1 Samuel 2:26, Luke 2:52)
1. By having an EXCELLENT spirit. (Eccl. 9:10; Daniel 6:3)
2. By solving a PROBLEM for someone else. (Genesis 39:2-6)
3. By giving a GIFT. (Proverbs 18:16)
4. By sowing a SEED. (Proverbs 3:9-10; Malachi 3:6-12)
5. By being a obedient & living the RIGHT way. (Isaiah 1:19, Proverbs 11:27;14:9)
6. By growing in WISDOM. (Proverbs 8:34-35, Luke 2:52)
7. By being GRATEFUL. (Ruth 2:10)
5. Understand That Favor Follows FAITHFULNESS (Ruth 2:11-12)
“The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.” 2 Chronicles 16:9 (NLT)
6. Understand That Favor Is RELEASED Into Your Future When You Place Your LIFE In God’s Hands Ruth 1:14-18 (NLT)
“Grace (favor) and peace be given to you more and more, because you truly know God and Jesus our Lord.” 2 Peter 1:2 (NCV)