10 for 10 11-4-11 from Freedom Life Christian Center on Vimeo.
If you can dream it, you can do it, but you can NEVER accomplish your dream alone. The Bible teaches us in Ecclesiastes 4:12, that, "One person standing alone is easily attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three people are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." (NLT) We were designed to need God & to need others.
You can have a great dream, a great vision & a great strategy & still not accomplish your God-given destiny. You must understand that if you are going to reach your goals, you will need the help of others. There's an old African Proverb that says, "If you want to go fast, go by yourself. If you want to go far, go with others." In other words, you need a DREAM TEAM!
Every success story is a joint venture. In Dr. Dave Martin's book, "12 Traits Of The Greats," says that, "Thomas Edison... acquired an astounding 400 patents in a six-year period of time. But what few people know is that “Thomas Edison” was actually a fifteen-man team with a common goal. As one of his team members so aptly put it, “Edison is, in reality, a collective noun.” His work was the result of the efforts of many men. Those closest to you will determine your success. God gave us many stories & proverbs in the scriptures to help give us wisdom in choosing our dream team. (Proverbs 14:7, Proverbs 13:20, 1 Corinthians 15:33, 1 Corinthians 5:11, Proverbs 27:17)
According to Pastor Kevin Gerald, in his book called, "Forces That Form Your Future," there are five areas where God has put people in your life. Each of them have an impact on your future whether you realize it or not & play a part in the overall success and/or failure of your dreams (life). They are:
• Contacts: They network us.
• Friends: They affirm us and are committed to us.
• Partners: These people share a common interest or goal.
• Mentors: They produce change in us.
• Protégées: They learn from us. God sends great people into all of our lives—how we treat them determines whether they can stay.
Ask yourself these 3 questions today:
1. Who are the people that are currently influencing my life the most?
2. Is there a voice speaking into my future that I need to silence?
3. Do I need to choose some new members to join my dream team?