You can listen to this message right now by clicking here
"If you want to go fast, go by yourself. If you want to go far, go with others." African Proverb
"One person standing alone is easily attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three people are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NLT)
Key Thought- You can’t choose who will touch your life but you can choose who you will hold hands with. Choose wisely, for it will determine your destiny.
1. You Need To Be Connected With THE Grace-Filled God.
“Come, let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, and we will no longer be in disgrace.” 18 I also told them about the gracious hand of my God on me and what the king had said to me.” Nehemiah 2:17-18
“Every day they continued to meet together... praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” Acts 2:46-47 (NIV)
2. You Need To Be Connected With Grace-Filled People
“... Sanballat and Geshem sent me this message: “Come, let us meet together in one of the villages[a] on the plain of Ono.” But they were scheming to harm me... Four times they sent me the same message, and each time I gave them the same answer.” Nehemiah 6:1-4
“And now, brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2 In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own...”. 2 Corinthians 8:1-3
2 Key Thoughts-
- People can hold you back or they can hold you up.
- Every incredible opportunity or plan meant to destroy you will come into your life disguised as a relationship. Evaluate every relationship in your life.
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” — Proverbs 27:17
“He who walks with the wise grows wise but a companion of fools suffers harm.” — Proverbs 13:20 (see also Proverbs 14:7, 1 Corinthians 15:33, 1 Corinthians 5:11, Matthew 7:6)
According to Pastor Kevin Gerald, in his book called, "Forces That Form Your Future," there are five areas where God has put people in your life. Each of them have an impact on your future whether you realize it or not & play a part in the overall success and/or failure of your dreams (life). They are your:
• Contacts: They network us.
• Friends: They affirm us and are committed to us.
• Partners: These people share a common interest or goal.
• Mentors: They produce change in us.
• Protégées: They learn from us. God sends great people into all of our lives—how we treat them determines whether they can stay.
4 Questions That You Should Consider This Week:
1. Are you connected to God's dream for your life or are you following your own?
2. Who are the people that are currently influencing your life the most?
3. Is there a voice speaking into your future that you need to silence?
4. Do you need to choose some new members to join your dream team?