Solomon Says- 31 Days To A Smarter You!
Notes from part 1 of our series
“Wisdom is supreme, therefore get wisdom.” — Proverbs 4:7
Wisdom- Is anointed common sense. It is KNOWING what GOD wants you to do and CHOOSING to do it.
The Consequences Of Not Having Wisdom: (see Proverbs 24:30-34)
- You will live a purposeless life. (Prov. 21:16)
- You will live a life marked by bad and foolish decisions (Prov. 10:21; 14:12)
- You will ultimately be destroyed! (Proverbs 1:23)
THE REWARDS OF HAVING WISDOM:
- Wisdom is the key that unlocks the FAVOR of the Lord in your life.
“For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord.” — Proverbs 8:35
- Wisdom causes a flow of RECOGNITION AND PROMOTION to come into your life.
“Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you.” — Proverbs 4:8
- Wisdom makes your ENEMIES helpless against you.
“For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.” — Luke 21:15 4.
- Wisdom brings lasting WEALTH AND PROSPERITY.
“With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity . . . bestowing wealth on those who love me and making their treasuries full.” — Proverbs 8:18,21
THREE HABITS WISE PEOPLE BUILD THEIR LIVES ON:
1. The habit of ASKING GOD for more wisdom.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” — James 1:5
2. The habit of MEDITATING on the right things.
“Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life.” Proverbs 4:23 (NCV)
*see Psalm 1, Joshua 1:6-9
3. The habit of adding the RIGHT THINGS and subtracting the WRONG THINGS in your life. 2 Peter 1:5-8, Colossians 3:5, Galatians 5:19-25