Over the next few weeks we are focusing our message series on marriages and relationships. Each week will be talking about how to take your marriage and friendships to a whole NUTHA level. We will also be challenging every married couple in our church to go on a date each week. Join us as work together to begin, "fixing us!"
Date Night By Design (click here) *courtesy of Focus on the family The 11th commandment of a happy marriage should be, "thou shalt date your spouse."
Counseling- Going to church is easier than going to a counselor but it's totally fine if you still need to see a counselor! If that's you, email email@example.com and we will send you some referral options in your area.
Fixing Us- Part 1 Weeds Or Seeds (watch this message online now! click here)
“Whatever a man sows, he reaps…” Galatians 6:7
Marriage Myth: Married life is unhappy life. The truth is that most marriages last. Married people have more money, are happier, have better sex and live longer than single people. (here is the link to the positive statistics mentioned, click here)
WEEDS That Destroy Marriages Are:
Selfish Demands / Disrespectful Judgments / Angry Outbursts / Dishonesty / Annoying habits / Independent Behavior (Solomon 2:15, Proverbs 24:30-34, Matthew 13:24-30)
5 Seeds That Are An Essential Part Of Every Happy & Healthy Relationship.
- The Seed of AGREEMENT (Amos 3:3, 2 Corinthians 6:14-15)
- The Seed of APPRECIATION. Key Thought- Keep Your Level Of Appreciation Greater Than Your Level Of Expectation.
- The Seed of ATTENTION. (1 Corinthians 7:33-34, Proverbs 18:13, Job 33:14, James 1:19, 1John 3:18, Philippians 2:4, Ephesians 5:21, Romans 15:5
- The Seed of AFFECTION. (Romans 12:10, Revelation 2:4-5)
- The Seed Of AFFIRMATION. (Hebrews 3:13, Proverbs 12:25, 2 Corinthians 7:4) Key Thought- Choose to be your spouses best fan instead of their worst critic.
- Begin SOWING To Begin GROWING. (Matthew 7:12)